In some cases, you may need to provide results of an English language test. The English language skill level required by an institution can be different from the level of skill required for your student visa application. At SERO you are required to have IELTS 5.5 or equivalent English proficiency.
The academic requirements (including evidence of English language skills) you need to study in Australia will vary depending on the level of education you want to study. SERO Institute require you to be over 16 years of age and to have completed high school or its equivalent in your country of origin.
The student visa you need depends on your chosen course of study. As a guide, the typical key requirements you will need to meet are:
- an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate
- the genuine Temporary Entrant requirements (read more about this on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Stud/More/Genuine-Temporary-Entrant
- sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs, e.g. rent/board, transport, food and clothing
- English language proficiency
- health and character requirements
- acceptable Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
As you are intending to undertake a Vocational Education and Training (VET) course, the student visa you should be applying for is Student visa (subclass 500) which allows you to stay in Australia to study full-time in a recognised education institution.
How to Apply?
1. Choose your study program
Check you meet:
- Academic Entry Requirements
- English Language Requirements
2. Prepare your support documentation
What you will need:
- Certified copy of passport title page, or original sighted by SERO Institute
- Copy of your last completed academic qualification from your home country and/or Australia, if relevant (translated into English if applicable)
- Evidence of English proficiency or exemption
- Statement of Purpose
3. Apply Online or through a Representative
- Online at www.seroinstitute.com.au
- Email at email@example.com or
- Via an Approved SERO Institute Representative
INTERNATIONAL ENROLMENT FORM
Download the enrolment form and send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Brisbane Career College Pty Ltd trading as SERO Institute