Most international students over the age of 18 live independently in shared or private rental accommodation. Some international students opt to live in homestay accommodation, while others may have the option to live with friends and family. The information below will help you to make a decision about your choice of accommodation.
Demi Pairs & Au Pairs
This is an amazing opportunity for students to experience life in a real Australian family while learning and practicing their English.
- Continued 24 hour support from our Demi Pair team throughout the 12 week placement including ongoing monitoring of their situation and personalized support as required
- 3 meals per day, a Private room and all the benefits of a homestay family in exchange for 20 hours per week of work (including household chores and caring for children)
- A safe happy experience with a family that has been screened and blue card police checked
- A suitable home in a suitable area that is located within reasonable distance to their school
- A mutually satisfying agreement with a preapproved work schedule and weekends off
- An opportunity to extend their placement for a minimal fee
- A ‘Certificate of Completion’ of the Demi Pair program for their resume
Read more at http://www.adpap.com.au/
Download the application form below.
Backpacker hostels are a popular choice for cheap short-term accommodation. They are perfect for socialising and meeting people from all over the world.
Bunks backpackers have facilities both in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast.
For more backpacker hostels, visit https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/HotelsList-Gold_Coast-Backpacker-Hostels-zfp7906618.html
You can request SERO to help you with find suitable homestay accommodation. In order to access homestay, you will be required to complete a Homestay Application Form. SERO uses an external service provider to make homestay arrangements for you. Usually, you will be required to pay up four weeks homestay rent in advance. You will also be required to pay a ‘Homestay Placement Fee’.
We have sourced an independent homestay agency that can help to organise homestay for you.
If you want to live in homestay accommodation, we can put you in contact with this agency that provides homestay.
Due to the College’s central location and close proximity to the central train station, accommodation all around the city is easy to find, either through local real estate agents and newspapers or www.realestate.com.au, www.gumtree.com.au and http://flatmates.com.au/
The Courier Mail newspaper publishes a list of available shared accommodation and other rental accommodation in its Saturday edition.
You can find share accommodation or rent a unit or a house with friends. Searching for the right place could take a couple of weeks, so it is recommended that you book temporary accommodation before arriving.
Transfer from Airport to Accommodation
Plan your transport from the airport to your accommodation. You can get a train, taxi or bus to where you will be staying or SERO can help organise an airport transfer for you. There is a fee for this service.
If you want SERO to organise your airport transfer, fill out our Airport Reception Form and send to us before you leave your home country. We will make the arrangements for you and confirm the arrangements by email.
Download the Airport Reception form below.
Brisbane Career College Pty Ltd trading as SERO Institute