SITXFSA001 & SITXFSA002 Accredited Food Safety Supervisor Course
The Food Act 2006 (the Act) requires every licensable food business in Queensland to have a food safety supervisor. SERO’s Intensive Face to Face Course provides you with the skills and knowledge necessary to be recognised as a FOOD SAFETY SUPERVISOR (LEVEL 1 & 2).
There are four main Industry Sector’s that require the services of a recognised Food Safety Supervisor, dependent on the actual activity undertaken by the business. The units in this course have been recommended by Queensland Health for the Retail & Hospitality includes food businesses that prepare and sell food by retail.
On completion of the program, learners will gain an accredited Statement of Attainment.
This course is delivered face to face.
• SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices
• SITXFSA001 – Use hygienic practices for food safety
What's included in the course?
• Understand the obligations of food handlers under current legislation.
• Learn the correct ways of food handling and storage.
• Identify potential hygiene risks.
• Implement correct methods of cleaning and sanitising.
• Maintain correct standards of personal hygiene for food handlers.
• Reduce the risk of food-borne illness (food poisoning).
• Implement procedures for food safety.
• Follow all food safety policies and procedures correctly and consistently according to organisation food safety program requirements to ensure compliance of all food handling practices.
• Control food hazards at critical control points.
• Complete food safety monitoring processes and complete documents as outlined in the food safety program.
• Identify and report practices that are inconsistent with the food safety program.
• Take corrective actions for incidents where food hazards are unacceptable.