HLTAID003 First Aid Certificate inc. CPR
Suitable for the general public and workplaces alike, this course provides participants with all the necessary skills and knowledge to confidently assess and respond to a host of emergency situations that require first aid and/or CPR.
The training and assessment activities in this course are tasks in line with Queensland regulations, first aid codes of practice, the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and typical workplace procedures.
On completion of the program, learners will gain an accredited Statement of Attainment.
This course is delivered face to face.
• HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
What's included in the course?
• how to properly assess an emergency situation
• CPR techniques on adults and infants
• using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• first aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
• managing medical conditions such as anaphylaxis, asthma and seizures
• managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
• infection control procedures
• managing exposure to extreme temperatures
• administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
• assessing and moving sick & injured
• legal responsibilities of a first aider
• basic anatomy and physiology
• managing shock