SITHFAB005 Professional Barista Course for the Hospitality Industry
Undertake our intensive 1 Day course that includes all the skills and knowledge you need to help you successfully find work as a Barista. Includes Two Nationally Accredited units.
Not only will this program increase the skills needed to find employment as a Barista, it will provide the learner with a better understanding and awareness of the health and safety concerns surrounding the provision of food services to the public.
On completion of the program, learners will gain an accredited Statement of Attainment.
This course is delivered face to face.
Units of competency
• SITHFAB005 – Prepare and Serve Espresso Coffee
• SITXFSA001 – Use hygienic practices for food safety
What's included in the course?
• Learning to make superior espresso coffee using commercial espresso machines and grinders
• Acquire the skill needed to advise customers on coffee choices
• Become an expert at selecting and grinding just the right coffee beans
• Prepare the perfect espresso coffees including:
espresso (short black)
short and long macchiato
• Gain the secrets of milk texturing and blending
• Understand the importance of maintaining and cleaning espresso machines and grinders