SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management
This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior operators who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with managerial skills and sound knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate independently, have responsibility for others and make a range of operational business decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector as a departmental or small business manager. The diversity of employers includes restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multiskilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
Possible job titles include:
- banquet or function manager
- bar manager
- café manager
- chef de cuisine
- chef patissier
- club manager
- executive housekeeper
- front office manager
- gaming manager
- kitchen manager
- motel manager
- restaurant manager
- sous chef
- unit manager catering operations
- BSBDIV501 Manage Diversity in the workplace
- BSBMGT517 Manage Operational Plan
- SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXGLC001 Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- SITXHRM002 Roster staff
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITHIND001 Use hygienic practices for hospitality service
- SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
- BSBADM502 Manage Meetings
- BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- SITXCOM004 Address protocol requirements
- BSBITU302 Create electronic presentations
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBFIM502 Manage payroll
- SITXFIN002 Interpret financial information
- SITXHRM004 Recruit, select and induct staff
- SITXHRM006 Monitor staff performance
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
To be eligible to enrol in the Higher Level Skills program*, prospective students must:
- be aged 15 years or older
- be no longer at school (with the exception of school students in Years 10, 11 and 12 undertaking a VET in School (VETiS) program — see the VETiS fact sheet for more information)
- permanently reside in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate IV or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
In addition to the standard eligibility requirements, specific restrictions and/or exemptions may apply to participation in certain subsidised qualifications. Any additional eligibility requirements will be based on industry advice or requirements under the relevant national training package and will be detailed in the Queensland Training Subsidies List.
* The Higher Level Skills program is funded by the Queensland Government for eligible Queenslanders. For more information please Read More
- $28 Concessional**
- $42 Non-Concessional
- FFS Price**
For a breakdown of the applicable fees, please see our Schedule of Fees.
** Proof of concessional status required
*** Please enquire for FFS pricing
The are no pre-requisites for entry into this course however, candidates are required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment at application for admission which is used to determine the level of support (if any) that may be required or adjustment needed to the training plan on enrolment.
Course duration & method of Delivery
At Sero Institute we work with individuals and companies to offer a range of flexible delivery options. Delivered direct to you through our online learning system, via workbooks, in workshops or in a classroom this course is nationally recognised and fully supported by a dedicated trainer.
This course will be delivered and assessed in 71 weeks.
36 Service periods within industry required for successful completion of this course.