SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management
The Diploma in Hospitality Management has been designed specifically for students who are wishing to gain skills and knowledge to own and manage their own food business, be able to manage a department within a large hotel, or own and operate their own small hotel/motel.
The program is designed to provide the knowledge, skills and experience to successfully undertake their desired job in the hospitality sector, domestically and internationally.
This program reflects the role of highly skilled operators who use a broad range of well-developed hospitality skills in conjunction with management skills to co-ordinate the operations of the industry effectively. They use discretion and judgement and have a sound knowledge of industry operations. They work with independence, have responsibility for others and make a range of operational business decision.
28 units are required for award of this qualification including:
13 core units & 15 elective units.
- BSBDIV501 Manage Diversity in the workplace
- BSBMGT517 Manage Operational Plan
- SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXGLC001 Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- SITXHRM002 Roster staff
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITHIND001 Use hygienic practices for hospitality service
- SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
- BSBADM502 Manage Meetings
- BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- SITXCOM004 Address protocol requirements
- BSBITU302 Create electronic presentations
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBFIM502 Manage payroll
- SITXFIN002 Interpret financial information
- SITXHRM004 Recruit, select and induct staff
- SITXHRM006 Monitor staff performance
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
Course duration & method of Delivery
This course is delivered over 12 months with a flexible learning approach. Content is delivered online with weekly supportive classroom sessions at Brisbane, Gold Coast and Cairns campuses.
Schedule of Fees
Download the schedule of fees 2016 below.
There are no prerequisites for entry into this course however it is desired that candidates have completed Australian Year 10 (or equivalent). Please contact SERO Institute for further information.