SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality
This qualification reflects the role of skilled operators who use a broad range of hospitality service, sales or operational skills combined with supervisory skills and sound knowledge of industry operations to plan, monitor and evaluate the work of team members. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others, and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a supervisor in hospitality organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi-skilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, food and beverage, and gaming.
21 units are required for award of this qualification including:
9 core units & 12 elective units.
The selection of electives must be guided by the job outcome sought, local industry requirements and the complexity of skills appropriate to the AQF level of this qualification.
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITHIND001 Use hygienic practices for hospitality service
- SITXCCS002 Provide visitor information
- SITXCRI001 Respond to a customer in crisis
- SITXHRM002 Roster staff
- SITXCOM004 Address protocol requirements
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices in food safety
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXWHS002 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITTIND001 Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry
- SITXFIN002 Interpret financial information
- $28 Concessional**
- $42 Non-Concessional
- FFS Price**
For a breakdown of the applicable fees, please see our Schedule of Fees.
** Proof of concessional status required
*** Please enquire for FFS pricing
The are no pre-requisites for entry into this course however, candidates are required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment at application for admission which is used to determine the level of support (if any) that may be required or adjustment needed to the training plan on enrolment.
Course duration & method of Delivery
At Sero Institute we work with individuals and companies to offer a range of flexible delivery options. Delivered direct to you through our online learning system, via workbooks, in workshops or in a classroom this course is nationally recognised and fully supported by a dedicated trainer.
This course will be delivered and assessed in 52 weeks.
36 Service periods within industry required for successful completion of this course.