SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have a range of well-developed hospitality service, sales or operational skills and sound knowledge of industry operations. Using discretion and judgement, they work with some independence and under limited supervision using plans, policies and procedures to guide work activities.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multiskilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, food and beverage and gaming.
15 units are required for award of this qualification including:
7 core units & 8 elective units.
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service*
- SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
- SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- SITHIND001 Use hygienic practices for hospitality service / OR SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
* Requires 36 shifts in industry
- SIRXPDK001 Advise on products and services
- SITXFIN001 Process financial transactions
- SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITHFAB004 Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages **
- BSBCMM201 Communicate in the workplace
- SITXWHS002 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
- SITHACS001 Clean premises and equipment
- SITHKOP101 Clean kitchen premises and equipment **
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITHFAB005 Prepare & serve espresso coffee
- SITHFAB016 Provide advice on food
- SITHCCC003 Prepare and present sandwiches**
- SITHCCC002 Prepare and present simple dishes**
**Requires SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic practices for food safety
- $5 Concessional**
- $10 Non-Concessional
- FFS Price**
For a breakdown of the applicable fees, please see our Schedule of Fees.
** Proof of concessional status required
*** Please enquire for FFS pricing
The are no pre-requisites for entry into this course however, candidates are required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment at application for admission which is used to determine the level of support (if any) that may be required or adjustment needed to the training plan on enrolment.
Course Duration & Method of Delivery
At Sero Institute we work with individuals and companies to offer a range of flexible delivery options. Delivered direct to you through our online learning system, via workbooks, in workshops or in a classroom this course is nationally recognised and fully supported by a dedicated trainer.
This course will be delivered and assessed in 39 weeks.