SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
The Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery has been designed specifically for students who are wishing to gain skills and knowledge to own and manage their own food business, be able to manage a kitchen within a large hotel, or own and operate their own small hotel/motel.
The program is designed to provide the knowledge, skills and experience to successfully undertake their desired job in the hospitality sector, domestically and internationally.
The selection of electives must be guided by the job outcome sought, local industry requirements and the complexity of skills appropriate to the AQF level of this qualification.
33 units are required for award of this qualification including:
26 core unit & 7 elective units.
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment*
- SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery*
- SITHCCC006 Prepare appetisers and salads*
- SITHCCC007 Prepare stocks, sauces and soups*
- SITHCCC008 Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes*
- SITHCCC012 Prepare poultry dishes*
- SITHCCC013 Prepare seafood dishes*
- SITHCCC014 Prepare meat dishes*
- SITHCCC018 Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements*
- SITHCCC019 Produce cakes, pastries and breads*
- SITHCCC020 Work effectively as a cook*
- SITHKOP002 Plan and cost basic menus*
- SITHKOP004 Develop menus for special dietary requirements
- SITHKOP005 Coordinate cooking operations*
- SITHPAT006 Produce desserts*
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXINV002 Maintain the quality of perishable items*
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
SITXFSA001 – Use Hygiene practices for food safety must be completed prior delivery of units with *
- SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- SITXFIN002 Interpret financial information
- SITXFSA004 Develop and implement a food safety program
- SITXHRM002 Roster staff
- TAEDEL301 Provide work skill instruction
- TAEDEL404 Mentor in the workplace
Course Duration & method of Delivery
This course is delivered through an Australian Apprenticeship program. Content is delivered through a blended delivery of classroom, On and off the Job assessment.
Schedule of Fees
Download the schedule of fees 2016 below.
There are no prerequisites for entry into this course however it is desired that candidates have completed Australian Year 10 (or equivalent). Please contact SERO Institute for further information.