SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops, or to run a small business in these sectors.
Possible job titles include:
- chef de partie
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment*
- SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery*
- SITHCCC006 Prepare appetisers and salads*
- SITHCCC007 Prepare stocks, sauces and soups*
- SITHCCC008 Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes*
- SITHCCC012 Prepare poultry dishes*
- SITHCCC013 Prepare seafood dishes*
- SITHCCC014 Prepare meat dishes*
- SITHCCC018 Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements*
- SITHCCC019 Produce cakes, pastries and breads*
- SITHCCC020 Work effectively as a cook*
- SITHKOP002 Plan and cost basic menus*
- SITHKOP004 Develop menus for special dietary requirements
- SITHKOP005 Coordinate cooking operations*
- SITHPAT006 Produce desserts*
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXINV002 Maintain the quality of perishable items*
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
SITXFSA001 – Use Hygiene practices for food safety must be completed prior delivery of units with *
- SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- SITXFIN002 Interpret financial information
- SITXFSA004 Develop and implement a food safety program
- SITXHRM002 Roster staff
- TAEDEL301 Provide work skill instruction
- TAEDEL404 Mentor in the workplace
To be eligible to enrol in the Higher Level Skills program*, prospective students must:
- be aged 15 years or older
- be no longer at school (with the exception of school students in Years 10, 11 and 12 undertaking a VET in School (VETiS) program — see the VETiS fact sheet for more information)
- permanently reside in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate IV or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
In addition to the standard eligibility requirements, specific restrictions and/or exemptions may apply to participation in certain subsidised qualifications. Any additional eligibility requirements will be based on industry advice or requirements under the relevant national training package and will be detailed in the Queensland Training Subsidies List.
* The Higher Level Skills program is funded by the Queensland Government for eligible Queenslanders. For more information please Read More
- $28 Concessional**
- $42 Non-Concessional
- FFS Price**
For a breakdown of the applicable fees, please see our Schedule of Fees.
** Proof of concessional status required
*** Please enquire for FFS pricing
The are no pre-requisites for entry into this course however, candidates are required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment at application for admission which is used to determine the level of support (if any) that may be required or adjustment needed to the training plan on enrolment.
Course Duration & method of Delivery
At Sero Institute we work with individuals and companies to offer a range of flexible delivery options. Delivered direct to you through our online learning system, via workbooks, in workshops or in a classroom this course is nationally recognised and fully supported by a dedicated trainer.
This course will be delivered and assessed in 62-93 weeks, depending on delivery.
48 Shifts in industry required.