SIT20416 Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
This Certificate provides the knowledge needed to be able to work in kitchens and covers the fundamental skills required to undertake food preparation and gain the cookery skills needed to prepare food and menu items.
The program is designed as a pathway into working as a kitchen hand in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops; and institutions such as aged care facilities, hospitals, and schools, both domestically and internationally.
13 units are required for award of this qualification including:
8 core unit & 5 elective units.
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment**
- SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of
- SITHCCC011 Use cookery skills effectively**
- SITHKOP001 Clean kitchen premises and equipment**
- SITXINV002 Maintain the quality of perishable items**
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practice
- TLIE1005 Carry out basic workplace calculations
- SITHCCC002 Prepare and present simple dishes **
- SITHCCC003 Prepare and present sandwiches **
- SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the
**Requires SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic practices for food safety
Who is Eligible
- Australian / NZ citizen Permanent residency with pathway to citizenship
- Qld Resident
- 15yrs +
- Must not have completed or currently be enrolled into a Certificate II or above Qualification
A range of funding programs may be applicable. Please contact SERO Institute for further information.
There are no prerequisites for entry into this course however it is desired that candidates have completed Australian Year 10 (or equivalent). Please contact SERO Institute for further information.